15 Ways to Save Money on Gas
1. Keep the tires inflated properly. This one is simple and a potential lifesaver. Underinflated tires waste fuel and wear out the tire tread. Also, check tires regularly for alignment and balance.
4. Buy the lowest grade (octane) of gasoline that is appropriate for your car. Check your owner’s manual for this information. As long as your engine doesn’t knock or ping, the fuel you’re using is fine. You can save hundreds of dollars a year.
12. Tighten up that gas cap. Make sure it’s on securely. Buy a new one if your current cap doesn’t fit snugly. Gas easily evaporates from the tank if it has a way to escape.
You might be surprised to learn that your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy probably does not offer full coverage for your engagement ring and other fine jewelry. Your insurance policy probably covers jewelry theft, but not loss that occurs for other reasons.
Typical Insurance Policies
Renter’s and homeowner’s insurance policies set limits for the loss of certain categories of personal property, including jewelry. Homeowner’s policies typically pay a maximum of $1,000 for jewelry theft. A renter’s insurance policy might have a lower limit for jewelry loss–$500 is common.
Does your insurance policy cover jewelry loss for reasons other than theft–such as for lost or damaged items? Read your policy carefully and ask your insurance agent to clarify the types of losses that are covered on your standard policy.
Additional Jewelry Insurance
You can usually purchase additional insurance for your fine jewelry, but be sure to ask your agent questions so that you have a good understanding of the coverage:
- Is there a deductible? If so, how much is it and how does raising or lowering the deductible affect your policy costs?
- Is an appraisal required prior to obtaining insurance? Are there only certain types of appraisers whose reports are accepted?
- Are the items covered no matter where they take place? Would the policy cover you for a loss that occurs during domestic or international travel?
- Are items covered for full replacement cost? Must you replace the item, or can you obtain a cash settlement?
- Does the policy cover repairs to damaged jewelry?
For those in the metrowest area of Massachusetts contact us at (508)-653-3131 or visit our website http://www.fyins.com/ for more information.